July 16, 2013

IN-FLIGHT

Knowing that we would have a 7-hour flight to Paris, I wanted to arrive to the first destination of our honeymoon looking well-rested and fresh-faced. We would be arriving in the morning, not being able to check-in to our hotel until the afternoon, so I wanted to be able to step off the plane, quickly change and explore the city.

Here was my plan: inject as much hydration into my routine as possible and get some sleep.

After being served our dinner (thank goodness I ate at the airport before getting on the plane), I removed all of my makeup except my eyeshadow and mascara with a N7 wipe. I followed up with a refreshing spritz of Beauty Elixir (plane air is NOT refreshing) then whipped out my trusty sample of Kiehl's super hydrating Avocado eye cream. I smothered on a few layers of Kiehl's Overnight Hydrating mask (the drying cabin air had already sucked the moisture out of my skin), applied some 8-hour cream to my lips and cuticles, and then coated my hands with l'Occitane's Shea hand cream

I popped a Gravol, took out my contacts, got sleepy watching Life of Pi in French, and put on my eye mask for a few hours of sleep.

When I woke up just before landing, I gave my face a once over with another wipe, applied my moisturizer and Bliss' de-puffing eye cream and my Dior Hydralife for a bit of sunscreen and to even out my skin. I also had my trusty LancĂ´me concealer (I started panicking when the air pressure made it start coming out of the tube quickly) and my favourite Chanel lipstick (Rouge Coco in No.5 Mademoiselle) for a bit of colour to my face. 

Bright-eyed and semi-bushy tailed I was ready! Until I fell asleep again in the taxi...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...