May 30, 2013

EVE LOM CLEANSER

 
After reading this inspiring interview with Lisa Eldridge, I thought more about cleansing my face better, especially at night. I was using my Kiehl's cleanser for acne-prone skin (for the hormonal acne on my chin), but really was being lazy about it compared to the way Lisa double-cleanses her skin. I began to think that maybe I was getting so much acne because my cleanser was too harsh and meant for oilier skin (not me), thus stripping away my face's natural oils, prompting them to encourage even more to compensate for the dehydration.
Well, it seems I have cracked it and this was indeed the problem. I had heard so much about Eve Lom's cleansing balm and the method of cleansing with muslin cloths. Everytime I read an interview that mentioned this cleanser, the person always would say something along the lines of "when I was using my Eve Lom cleanser, my skin looked amazing". Well why should we be lazy with our skin? We only get one face our whole lives, so we should be taking care of it to the best of our ability.
Eve's cleansing method is pretty intense. It includes a 7-step lymphatic massage, steaming and exfoliation with a muslin cloth. It's quite the process, but don't be scared--it's really not hard and once you do it for the first time you will be addicted to how it feels. It feels like you're giving yourself a mini-spa experience every single time. Where before I use to wash my face as fast as I could, or count down the seconds until the Clarisonic would finish, now I take my time and a few deep breaths (and rarely use my Clarisonic anymore).
You only need to do the lymphatic massage twice a week, but when I first started using this cleanser I was having one of my worst breakouts yet. I did the massage twice a day until it started to clear up and the lymphs would drain.
Even if you don't want to use this cleanser (there is some controversy about there being mineral oil in the ingredients. I, however, love it and it doesn't break me out, so to each his own. It's a bestselling cleanser in the UK, so you decide.) you should still adopt a cleansing balm (my friend Joanna tells me uses Coconut oil and loves it) and massage and cleanse your face with a washcloth. You can do so much good with a cloth--steam, open your pores, properly cleanse your face and exfoliate. And you should be using one (sorry to be preachy, it has made such a difference in my skin). This particular cleanser includes essential oils in the ingredients, which makes the steaming step really open up your sinuses.
For those with acne--don't be scared of this cleanser just because it contains oil and is a balm. It will properly cleanse your face and will help to heal acne. You need oil to remove oil, so if you are oily, so don't be afraid. I've been using this for a few weeks now and it is changing my skin. My complexion is clearer, my acne is almost totally gone (I am no longer using any spot treatments or acne treatments at all) and my skin is more hydrated than ever.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah crap my mistake comment is blank now, anyways - do you use the cleanser morning and night or just night? i do love my coconut oil for before bed cleansing but want something easier for the mornings cause I tend to be in a rush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i use it both morning and night. there is a "morning" version of my cleanser, but for now i really like using it in the morning as well. http://www.murale.ca/8318-Eve-Lom_Eve-Lom-Morning-Time-Cleanser.aspx
    you definitely don't need to use something as heavy in the morning though. you could find a nice cleansing milk or non-foaming gel--i would still use the hot washcloth though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...